    media could not support the file
    Any help would be most appreciated
    Nadine

    nadine, Aug 1, 2004

  2. nadine

    Hamman Guest

    Sounds like the codec's have gone walkies.

    Visit windows update and download WMP9, that should reinstall them for you.

    hamman

    Hamman, Aug 1, 2004

  3. nadine

    ProfGene Guest

    You didn't say what format the files were in. Windows can play waves and
    mp3s and midis but not all formats. And if they are files that it can play
    the play list must correspond to the location and files that it originally
    represented.

    ProfGene, Aug 2, 2004
  4. The format does not matter. There is at least 1 unplayable song in the
    playlist you selected (Playlist 1 if you did not select a playlist). Delete
    the bad songs.

    Samuel Townsend, Aug 2, 2004
  5. nadine

    nadine Guest

    Hi
    I called Dell Technical support and found that I must have done something to
    delete the window media player files
    Every song would play if you clicked on it, but when you went to the task
    of play all........they said that there were
    no playable files....so will be doing a repair.......instead of
    re-install..........would doing a repair of Xp bring back the media
    player.......Thanks Nadine

    nadine, Aug 2, 2004