Can't Play PreRecorded CDA or certain Videos

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Randy Howser, Jul 8, 2005.

  1. Randy Howser

    Randy Howser Guest

    I changed from a Dell from 2001 to an HP from 2004, and I seem to be
    having a Windows Media Player playback problem.

    An imported European CD (Using CDA) that normally played fine on
    Dell, is no longer supported under HP. Normally WMP plays it fine. I
    can't load it in WMP< Itunes, or any player. On dell no problem. I
    transferred them to my iPod easily. US CDA's work fine.

    On videos on Dell, if there was a problem downloading a Codec, almost
    always I'd still be able to play it back, but I couldn't enlarge the
    screen to full, rip it or edit it etc. The font color of the title
    would be in orange. Now, on HP, they won't play at all, and the font
    is green.

    I'm not sure what I'm missing from HP. Some codec? Itried copying my
    WMP folder form Dell to HP, but it always got converted to HP's.. I
    managed to download what I needed to upgrade WMP to my Dell level
    (10.00.00.3901) but it still acts differently. I don't know what I'm
    missing between the two. Why did I have no problem on Dell, but
    problems galore on HP?

    Randy Howser, Jul 8, 2005