    seasons 1-6 but I can play the Stargate CC on my brothers set so it does
    work. Region 1 English.

    Rick

    Rick, Oct 7, 2004

  2. Rick

    Biz Guest

    Seems to be a well-known issue that many/most JVC DVD players do not pass
    the CC signal on to your tv. IF CC's are important to you, instead of
    subtitles, don't own a JVC player.

    Biz, Oct 7, 2004

  3. Certain JVC problems have been known to not pass closed caption
    signals through to the TV. I encountered the same problem in 2002
    when I picked up a JVC player. I ran multiple DVDs, and none of the
    closed caption signals passed through. I returned it the next day for
    a Panasonic player, which passed all CC signals through perfectly.

    How is it that you've had the player for 3 years, but are now only
    noticing this problem? Did you just recently start using
    closed-captions?

    There's nothing you can do to the JVC to make it work. You'll need to
    buy a new player that passes CC signals through properly.

    This is why I now test any new player extensively within the 30-day
    return period. If the player has any problems, I'll return it and
    pick up another model.

    Lee

    limacharliewhiskey, Oct 8, 2004
  4. Rick

    Rick Guest

    I've been watching allot of British shows and sometimes can't understand
    what their saying like the Sharps Rifles series and Stargate SG1. I'm just
    amazed that a big company like JVC would do something asinine.

    Rick, Oct 8, 2004