    i can play them in media player classic but i really like bsplayer.
    ive reinstalled/uninstalled the vodei codec, reinstalled bsplayer,
    reinstalled the xvid codec and even tried the ffdshow pack.

    Tom, Sep 8, 2006

  2. Tom

    sittingduck Guest

    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

    sittingduck, Sep 8, 2006

  3. Tom

    bigtom Guest

    i downloaded gspot and it tells me the avi is an xvid.
    it also says that the xvid codec is installed.
    it still wont play in media player 10 and BSplayer8.0 but it
    will play in media player classic.
    i uninstalled the xvid codec and media player classic will still play it.
    maybe m/p classic has its own codecs?
    why dont the other players recognize my xvid codec?
    i used the codec on another machine and it works fine.

    bigtom, Sep 8, 2006
  4. Tom

    sittingduck Guest

    I am guessing some other codec on your system is interfering. Did you try
    removing the ffdshow codecs?
    Codecs can be a bit picky, it's best to install the bare minimum you need.
    The codec packs can get messy.

    sittingduck, Sep 8, 2006
  5. Tom

    bigtom Guest

    yes, i removed ffdshow.
    ill reinstall media player 10 and if that doesnt work then i might try
    and install xp over itself and see if that does anything.

    bigtom, Sep 9, 2006
  6. Tom

    Fat Ass Fred Guest

    I had a similiar problem where only VLC would play videos, everything
    else had a problem with them... Finally, one of my DVD players said my
    Direct-X was messed up.... I re-installed direct-X and videos once
    again worked in Media player....

    Fat Ass Fred, Sep 12, 2006