    Any ideas what to do. except reinstalling from scratch?

    Thanks,
    Murgi

    Sigi Rindler, Mar 2, 2006

  2. You just got a Windows Update, didn't you?
    An Outlook Express option gets reset with this new update, without
    asking you if you would like to do it. Typical of Windows Updates. I've
    seen similar reports in other groups. I wish I could tell you what
    option it was, but I use a modern, secure email client and haven't
    opened OE in years.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 2, 2006

  3. Sigi Rindler

    johnb Guest

    Morn,

    Had the same prob a couple of weeks ago when I installed the latest M$
    outlook (?? update?? ).

    Uninstalled it and wa-la all worked as needed...

    YMMV

    jb

    johnb, Mar 2, 2006
  4. Sigi Rindler

    Sigi Rindler Guest

    Uninstalled it and wa-la all worked as needed...
    Yes I made an update...
    But what did you uninstall? The updated Outlook Express? This is part of
    Windows XP, and I don't want to lose all the messages...
    Of course, I won't use OE anymore after my next new install from scratch.
    But for the next couple of weeks I need to stay with this configuration.
    I'd really appreciate if you could elaborate on how you got your OE working
    again.

    Thanks for responding.

    S.R.

    Sigi Rindler, Mar 4, 2006