    do is press "play" and take the default selections.

    Did I miss something, or is there really no way to navigate the DVD
    menu? I swear I tried every button on the remote.

    Shooter Dude, Sep 5, 2003

  2. I saw this unit at Sam's for what seemed like a really low price. I
    The remote should be able to allow navigation of the DVD menus through the use
    of the cursor and ENTER buttons. Does the remote work for any other functions?

    In any case, your best bet may be to return the product as defective.
    Preferrably, you should stick with separates from Japanese brands. Separates
    will usually give better performance and reliability, areas where combo units
    tend to compromise for the sake of convenience. Furthermore, Japanese branded
    products still tend to have higher quality over their competition, even though
    a lot of their products may not be made in Japan anymore.

    Stick with Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic, Pioneer, and JVC for DVD players.

    Sony, Panasonic, Toshiba, JVC, Hitachi, Sharp, and Sanyo for CRT direct view
    televisions.

    I cannot recommend plasma displays at this time as there are still certain
    problems concerning their longevity at this time. - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Sep 5, 2003