    like having the tab bar shown at all times, or having to drag it to
    this very small area.

    How do I get 3.5 to work like 3.0 did?

    Trevor Smithson, Jul 29, 2009

  2. just tested it and it works the same in both versions.
    Perhaps you have an addon that is causing the
    problem, or maybe you need a special addon. Or, maybe
    you need to check your settings: Tools, Options, Tabs.

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 30, 2009

  3. I tried in safe mode and it does the same thing. How does it work in
    3.5 for you? Can you drag a tab from one window to another without
    having the tab bar visible?

    Trevor Smithson, Jul 30, 2009
  4. Trevor Smithson

    Rom Guest

    Firefox 3.5 introduced some new features and changes that affect what
    you're wanting to do, such as tab tearing and the tab bar always
    showing is the default now.

    I'm not sure if you can do what you're wanting to do in Fx 3.5, but
    the "Tab To Window" extension
    <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2062>,
    may help via its context menu rather than dragging.

    There's also an extension to disable the tab tearing in Fx 3.5:
    "bug489729 (Disable detach and tear off tab)"
    <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/12276>.

    Some tab tweaks for Fx 3.5:
    <http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2009/07/disable-tab-tearing-and-six-other-firefox-3-5-tab-tweaks/>

    Rom, Jul 30, 2009
  5. Trevor Smithson

    fatsteve Guest

    Cool. I was annoyed and confused as to why a new window was sometimes
    opening. Works great, Thanks for the info.

    fatsteve, Jul 30, 2009

  6. Thanks I'll check these out.

    Trevor Smithson, Jul 30, 2009
  7. Some good stuff there but nothing worked for this particular issue.
    Ended up downgrading back to 3.0.12.

    Trevor Smithson, Jul 30, 2009
  8. Trevor Smithson

    fatsteve Guest

    The addon "bug489729 (Disable detach and tear off tab)" works but after
    installing you first have to go to the addon options and check the box
    "Disable detatch tab"

    fatsteve, Jul 30, 2009
  9. Trevor Smithson

    fatsteve Guest

    Whoops. Maybe that's not what you meant. I didn't read the whole
    thread properly, again.

    fatsteve, Jul 30, 2009