    approx. 20 feet in. The PC with the wireless adapter is located on the next
    level down the other end of my home approx. 20 feet in. Was I sold the wrong
    equipment or is there something I need to reconfigure?

    Guest, Oct 29, 2007

  2. Guest

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Home construction? # of walls? obstacles like duct work, mirrors,
    large appliances, etc. impact connectivity. 2.4GHz cordless phones,
    microwaves can interfere. what operating system? are there other
    wireless networks in range? what channel are you using? what type of
    encryption and do the keys match? (you should be using WPA2 or at
    least WPA). what wireless driver version? what hardware version of
    the WRT54G and what firmware? are both the latest available?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Oct 29, 2007

  3. Hi
    Might be noisy environment.
    Try to change the transmission channel in the Router, may be another channel
    would work better.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 29, 2007