can't KEEP my xp computer on standby anymore

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by jonas, Sep 8, 2006.

  1. jonas

    jonas

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello,

    now suddenly my computer, xp, doesn't want to stay in standby. it just stays there for a few seconds and then awakes again.

    what I have recently done is, I think, to download 3 antispy programs.

    And, incidentally, got service pack 2

    Can somebody help me please?

    jonas, Sep 8, 2006

  2. jonas

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Your problems service pack two. from what i can see described.

    Not a person who uses standby or stuff like that myself so there might be something in Power Options in windows?

    unholy, Sep 8, 2006

  3. jonas

    jonas

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    not much help

    NOT much help in that, fellow. :star:

    jonas, Sep 26, 2006
  4. jonas

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I suggest you check the BIOS settings for power. Maybe you need to change a setting to allow Windows to control the standby state.

    bigal, Sep 26, 2006