Can't install Mozilla 1.7.5 on win98SE

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Venantius, Dec 30, 2004.

  1. Venantius

    Venantius Guest

    Hi everyone,
    I tried to install moz 1.7.5 suite after uninstalling ver 1.6 and removing
    all the directories.

    When I start the installer it just crashes or doesn't do anything.

    I tried running it from a command prompt but there were no error reported.

    I also tried to install Firefox - also no go! The exe starts the extracting
    process before running the installer and then just noting happens. It
    doesn't hang or anything, just after extracting the programme quits.

    I am baffled by all this!

    Can anyone point me to get it installed?

    regards,
    Venks

    Venantius, Dec 30, 2004

  2. You say you deleted all the directories. Did you delete the Program
    Files\Commomn Files\mozilla.org directory? try doing so and see if the
    isntaller will work. If notl try downloading a fresh copy of the installer.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 31, 2004