Can't install Image Web Server ECW plug-in for IE [rather long]

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Pepper, Oct 19, 2004.

  1. Pepper

    Pepper Guest

    Please can anybody help.
    Running Win95b, IE5.5sp2,
    I apparently now need the ECW plugin to continue accessing
    http://www.dur.ac.uk/picturesinprint/

    but it will not install automatically from the above site. After trying to do it
    manually I get
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ICD1.tmp\cabget.exeC:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ICD1.tmp
    and
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ICD1.tmp\ncsview.inf
    ncsview contains
    ********
    [Version]
    ; This section is required for compatibility on both Windows 95 and Windows NT.
    Signature="$CHICAGO$"
    AdvancedInf=2.0

    [Setup Hooks]
    hook1=hook1

    [hook1]
    run=%EXTRACT_DIR%\CABInst.exe
    **********
    but when I try installing ncsview nothing appears to happen.
    I've found CABInst.exe in
    C:\Program Files\Earth Resource Mapping\Image Web Server\Client
    but when I run it from there I get
    **********
    Error Starting Program
    The NCSUTIL.DLL file is linked to missing export
    KERNEL32.DLL:SetProcessAffinityMask.
    ****************

    I've tried googling and MSKB but found nothing to help that I could understand.
    Extra info:
    For security I use Spybot 1.3, SpywareBlaster3.2, WinPatrol8, AVG6, and eTrust
    EZ Antivirus 6.2.0.28 all up to date and set for max protection.
    Also, ZoneAlarm2.6.362(Later versions won't run on Win95).
    I have a vague idea that one of these programs may have a setting to prevent
    adding activex plugins but have been unable to find it.
    TIA

    Pepper

    Pepper, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Pepper

    pcbutts1 Guest

    You have an obsolete operating system, upgrade it.

    pcbutts1, Oct 20, 2004