    I have had a same issue with normal XP before, found to be with USB drivers
    and my motherboard and corrected it with service pack 2. Wondering if its not
    the same thing.

    Guest, May 25, 2005

  2. As has been said a number of times - you need specific x64 64-bit drivers
    for all your hardware.
    So the manufacturer will have to releases x64 64-bit drivers - it will say
    if they are these on their web site when you download them.
    Regular Windows XP drivers will not work.
    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], May 25, 2005

  3. Malcom -- As has been stated here before, any hardware or software that
    requires a system level driver must have specific, x64 drivers to work with
    x64 Edition. Older, 32-bit, drivers will not work.

    Probably the best solution for your specific problem is:
    1.) Standalone ADSL Modem. (check with your ISP for preferred models.)
    2.) Network card in your PC. (Make sure it has 64-bit drivers!)
    3.) CAT5 or greater network cable to connect them. (May need to be
    "crossover" cable, check with cable modem mfg.)
    3.) (optional but highly desireable) an Internet Gateway router. Inexpensive
    models are available from a number of vendors, including D-Link and Linksys.
    This will provide basic firewall capabilities in addition to allowing you to
    connect multiple computers to the internet from a single adsl modem.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 26, 2005