    90 day trial came with vista computer.
    cant get it uninstalled, it is in add and remove, but no file size , and
    when I click on it ,zilch . looks like it is there for the duration?

    crashbang1, Jun 23, 2007

  2. Your uninstall file seems to be missing for Norton. Did you delete it
    why trying to remove crapware before running add/remove? Now you will
    have to remove it by hand by deleting the program directory and all the
    norton entries in the registry and rebooting. Just shut it all down
    before you delete.

    --
    I'm glad scorpions don't fly.

    bcrawford

    50+ mpg * $40.00 to fill 14 gallon tank * Costs $.05 a mile

    Highest miles per gallon for a non-hybrid.* Top speed 140mph *5 speed

    Goes 700 miles on a tank. Banned in 3 states.

    Can you guess what it is? I have one.

    Broderick Crawford, Jun 23, 2007

  3. Symantec has a removal program that deletes all references to every Norton
    reference. This is necessary to get some of their updated stuff. You
    should be able to download it from the website. This is a lot safer than
    messing around with the registry yourself.

    Brian Whiting, Jun 23, 2007
  4. crashbang1

    SJP Guest

    SJP, Jun 23, 2007
  5. crashbang1

    zebraloc Guest

    Google Norton Removal Tool

    zebraloc, Jun 23, 2007
  6. crashbang1

    crashbang1 Guest

    Thank all worked a treat (then it asked me if I wanted to reinstall it!!!!!)

    crashbang1, Jun 23, 2007
  7. crashbang1

    WhzzKdd Guest

    I hope you said NO - never again! <grin>

    WhzzKdd, Jun 23, 2007
  8. crashbang1

    Plato Guest

    http://www.bootdisk.com/helpdesk.htm
    Look for the norton uninstallers.

    Plato, Jun 23, 2007
  9. crashbang1

    Plato Guest

    Not to mention there are probably 5,000 entries in the registry for
    nortons :)

    Plato, Jun 23, 2007