    (2)I can't install any new extensions.

    Is there a problem here that I can fix? What do I look for?

    dj tuchler

    Dennis J. Tuchler, Mar 26, 2005

  2. Dennis J. Tuchler

    ..brian.. Guest

    Have you tried uninstalling the extension with FX running in Safe Mode?

    ../firefox -safe-mode

    ..brian.., Mar 26, 2005

  3. Thanks for the suggestion! I never heard of safe mode for firefox. In
    any case, it did not work. I called up firefox (firefox/firefox
    -safe-mode) and clicked on tools and extensions. All extensions were
    gray. I highlighted the one I wanted to do away with and expunged it. I
    was informed it would be gone when I recalled firefox. I did. It wasn't.

    I wonder if it is version 1.0.2. I had no trouble installing and
    uninstalling under version 1.0.

    djtuchler

    Dennis J. Tuchler, Mar 27, 2005
  4. Dennis J. Tuchler

    ..brian.. Guest

    Safe-mode starts Firefox with all the extensions disabled and with the
    default theme -- that's why they were greyed out.

    You might try the suggestion in the following post:
    [http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=230367]

    ..brian.., Mar 27, 2005
  5. Thanks!

    dj tuchler