    I restarted my computer a couple of days ago and have not been able to get
    my newsgroups since. I would appreciate if you could help me receive them.
    Thanks, Joe Hince email address is

    Joe H., Aug 4, 2007

  2. If I don't hear back from you with some more specific details, I'll just
    send you a few by US Mail. Please supply your credit card info.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 4, 2007

  3. Joe H.

    Mike Easter Guest

    Joe H. wrote:
    You are now accessing a supernews newsserver with your EL login
    information instead of the old EL newsserver. That means that your
    header pointers need to be reset as advised in the EL support ng
    earthlink.support.usenet
    To reset pointers/headers in OE, either R click a newsgroup in the
    folder view or select it and use File/ Properties/ Local file tab -
    click Reset button to "delete all headers and message bodies and will
    reset the folder so that headers will be re-downloaded"

    Then your view of the message headers in the group will be empty. You
    will need to download some appropriate number and your 'pointers' or
    database info about what had been read and unread will be lost, as all
    of the headers are 'fresh'.

    Mike Easter, Aug 4, 2007
  4. Joe H.

    Whiskers Guest

    Whose newsgroups are you getting?

    Whiskers, Aug 4, 2007
  5. Joe H.

    Gordon Guest

    Earthlink - the new NTL!

    Gordon, Aug 4, 2007
  6. Woulda been nice if they'd mentioned that in the rah-rah email they send
    subscribers about the wonderful new Usenet service, eh? :)

    And perhaps *mentioned* that they were outsourcing, so people would - in
    general - know that that fairly major change was taking place?

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 5, 2007
  7. <poster class="earthlink_subscriber">

    I hope not! :)

    </poster>

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 5, 2007
  8. Joe H.

    samuel Guest

    oh no !

    samuel, Aug 5, 2007
  9. Joe H.

    McWideGlide Guest

    Something similar happened to me a few days ago. I figured something was
    wrong at ELN so I waited till this morning to do a live chat. I was told to
    change the Server Name from news.west or east.earthlink.net to
    news.earthlink.net . Then hit apply and try again. It allowed updates in
    again.

    McWideGlide, Aug 5, 2007
  10. Joe H.

    Pennywise Guest

    Of course you email'd this to him.

    Pennywise, Aug 5, 2007
  11. They've outsourced to Supernews; they're no longer doing newsgroups
    on their own servers.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 5, 2007
  12. Joe H.

    Mike Easter Guest

    Chat and other support at EL is not generally a good resource,
    especially for news related issues. EL's news admin was/is terrible.
    EL's support admin and 'grunts on the ground' such as chat techs is/are
    also terrible.
    news.earthlink.net is still an EL server at DNS 207.217.125.201 which
    incidentally rDNS news.west.earthlink.net

    news.east.earthlink.net and news.west.earthlink.net and
    demonews.mindspring.com nntp.earthlink.net are all supernews servers at
    DNS 216.168.3.70 Cname earthlink.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net

    Mike Easter, Aug 5, 2007
  13. I stand corrected.

    I checked east and west a couple hours ago and couldn't connect.
    Figured they'd closed those addresses down.

    Now I just got east. I give up. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 5, 2007
  14. Joe H.

    Guest Guest

    Somewhat off topic, but that test doesn't work on homofags like me :eek:(

    Guest, Aug 5, 2007
  15. Joe H.

    Pennywise Guest

    I expected that from Muze Groops, didn't expect anyone else to chime
    in...

    Pennywise, Aug 6, 2007