cant get emails or newsgroups - is it xtra again?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by geopelia, Jan 31, 2009.

  1. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Has xtra got the same problem as last week? I can't connect to Outlook
    Express xtra for emails or newsgroups. I click the icon but nothing
    happens. That was what was happening last week, and Telecom
    apologised.

    Some computerized voice at xtra and a man trying to be helpful say
    there is no problem with them.

    Is it me? I don't want to get the computer man out if it is just xtra
    again.

    And I see motzarella now has red x instead of green boxes in places.
    But surely they can't have gummed up xtra and the emails as well?

    XP and Outlook Express. Everything is up to date.

    Geopelia

    geopelia, Jan 31, 2009

  2. geopelia

    Pseudo Guest

    Motzarella is working for me. I'm not using Outlook Express, XP or Xtra,
    but maybe someone else can fill in the gaps.

    Pseudo, Jan 31, 2009

  3. geopelia

    Mike Dee Guest

    I can't speak for xtra, Geo. I don't have anything to do with it.
    But motzarella... go to the web page:
    <http://news.motzarella.org/index.php?showpage=feedback&language=en>

    Enter a valid email address and a question about your problems with them.
    After that you should be able to enter into email contact and some form of
    useful dialog with them.

    HTH

    Mike Dee, Jan 31, 2009
  4. geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    Thank you. I think it may have been this computer, but it's working this
    morning.
    Growing old like me, but a great improvement since it was completely
    refurbished.

    Thanks for the website, I'll ask over there for motzarella problems.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Jan 31, 2009
  5. geopelia

    Mike Dee Guest

    Well I hope you get it all working 100%, Geo.

    Cheers.

    Mike Dee, Feb 1, 2009