    inch and then is stopped by something hard. I've never seen a drive that just
    won't slide out. any Ideas what the secret is to get this drive out. It
    definatly comes out the front. thanks BG

    BillKirch, Nov 2, 2003

  2. BillKirch

    Ben There Guest

    Maybe -remove- versus loosening screws! Maybe LOOK! Or, maybe use this:
    http://isoc.nl/michiel/hcc/sledgehammer.jpg

    *bt

    Ben There, Nov 2, 2003

  3. BillKirch

    force Guest

    sound like a hp case the entire rack slides out 1 inch and cheches on the
    case frame just wiggle it out

    force, Nov 2, 2003
  4. BillKirch

    BillKirch Guest

    Maybe -remove- versus loosening screws!

    ##############
    I DID remove. BG

    BillKirch, Nov 2, 2003
  5. BillKirch

    Trent© Guest

    Screws hafta come completely out...probably 4.

    Then take off the IDE cable, the power cable, and the sound cable.

    Then slide forward.

    Yer there...we're here! lol

    Make sure there isn't another part to that clamp on the other side of
    the case that you can't see. And make sure you have visual access to
    BOTH sides of the case.

    Good luck.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Nov 3, 2003
  6. BillKirch

    BillKirch Guest

    Screws hafta come completely out...probably 4.
    ################
    Did all that...It won't slide out. BG

    BillKirch, Nov 3, 2003
  7. BillKirch

    Trent© Guest

    Then yer on yer own! lol

    There shouldn't be anything special about this. You've simply got a
    piece of metal/obstruction in the way.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Nov 3, 2003
  8. From: (BillKirch)
    Got a paperclip?

    Try loosening the drive above, below, and the plastic cover on the front.

    If that don't work, then go get a warm honey massage, and it won't matter
    anymore.

    :)

    caveat lector - reader beware, Nov 4, 2003