    Workgroup name (generic name MSHOME). Trouble is none are visible to the
    other. Trying the ping command on all the machines fails to identify any
    other machine,. Could this be a router config issue? It's driving me nuts!

    Neil T, May 8, 2007

  2. Neil T

    Chris H Guest

    You may want to post to the regular microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web
    newsgroup, Neil. This one is to support Microsoft's Broadband Networking
    brand hardware and software. BTW - McAfee and Norton are dreadful when it
    comes to allowing networking sharing. You may want to check the
    documentation for each and make sure they're programmed correctly. Also, if
    you're running either of those products in addition to Windows Firewall,
    you've probably got conflicts there.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H, May 10, 2007

  3. Neil T

    E & S Guest

    Not sure about Mcafee had too many problems with it..but have you tried
    running network setup on Norton I.S. Can your PC's access the internet?

    E & S, May 21, 2007
  4. Neil T

    Neil T Guest

    Thanks, sorry for the delay in response, been away. All computers are able to
    connect seperately to the Internet through the router but none are able to
    see the others on the network.

    Neil T, May 22, 2007
  5. Neil T

    Chris H Guest

    This is a bit off-topic for this newsgroup since it only supports
    Microsoft's Broadband Networking brand hardware and software, but if you're
    running McAfee or Norton (Symantec) products on your computers, you probably
    need to check with their support section or in the documentation to program
    them to "allow" your Local Area Network traffic (access from other computers
    within your LAN).

    Chris H, May 24, 2007