Can't find stock of this ATA

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by PhilÅ, Aug 2, 2005.

  1. PhilÅ

    PhilÅ Guest

    Hello

    I signed up yesterday with sipgate, what a great system...

    Anyways 24 hours of research I have decided I want a Linksys WRT54GP2

    Wireless Broadband router with 2 voip ports.

    Main reason for this is that I need a new router anyway with wireless, and
    this fits the bill.

    The EU and UK versions are not locked to at&t also.

    Problem is, no one has any stock, some people have purchased from BBB, but
    upon emailing them they say release date is Sept. So confused.

    Does anyone know where I can get one from??

    Cheers

    PhilÅ, Aug 2, 2005

  2. PhilÅ

    Me Guest

    Me, Aug 2, 2005

  3. PhilÅ

    Dexter Guest

    You are very easily satisfied in that case wait until the line drops
    and you can't make calls for hours or even a whole weekend in one
    instance due to staff going off on holiday and leaving the ship to
    steer itself. Wait until you have to wait foran answer for week from
    support ( that's a laugh ) about some problem or other,
    wait until you are only getting one way audio and other endless
    problems that you do not get when you subscribe to a decent voip
    provider.
    Then come back here and say "what a great system" they are total crap
    in my opinion .
    Just watch their unpaid well I think he is unpaid UK managing
    dirercter will be here in a minute defending them.

    Dexter, Aug 2, 2005
  4. PhilÅ

    PhilÅ Guest

    PhilÅ, Aug 2, 2005
  5. I think they may have improved the service since you were a customer.

    The only calls I don't use them for are mobile (gradwell are cheaper).

    Thomas Rankin, Aug 2, 2005
  6. PhilÅ

    Dexter Guest

    I still am a customer with a total of 11.00 between my two accounts
    which I am slowly using up on 0845's etc, I made a very big mistake
    putting my trust in Sipgate on reflection I would sooner trust a
    rattlesnake.

    Dexter, Aug 2, 2005
  7. PhilÅ

    Al Guest

    Al, Aug 2, 2005
  8. PhilÅ

    PhilÅ Guest

    Only the US version, they have copied the US description.

    The EU and UK models are unlocked, had a live support chat with linksys who
    confirmed this yesterday.

    Philip: Hi dexter, I am in the process of purchasing the WRT54GP2.
    Dexter S(18199): Okay.
    Philip: I really need it to work ok with xbox live but on the web site
    (xbox) it is not listed as a compatable product. The xbox site list has not
    been updated for ages, will this product be compatable with the service??
    Dexter S(18199): It may or may not work, xbox basically listed the routers
    that were tested on their console.
    Philip: I currently use a edimax router which works ok, although it is not
    listed by xbox. A see a lot of linksys ones are ok, but this newer model is
    not listed as compatable or not. But as a support person, you have not had
    complaints that it will not work have you?? It should be ok?
    Dexter S(18199): Yes, correct, no problems with that router.
    Philip: Ok cheers, and I understand that the US models are locked to At&t
    for the voip, but the EU models (for me) are not??
    Dexter S(18199): yes.

    PhilÅ, Aug 2, 2005
  9. leading the witness there :)

    try to ask questions that get more than yes or no answers.

    for example "what restrictions are there on the services I can use
    with this equipment"

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Aug 2, 2005
  10. PhilÅ

    PhilÅ Guest

    PhilÅ, Aug 3, 2005
  11. Have you noticed the price of their non-geo calls have come down?
    They used to be the same as BT.

    0845 now 3p/min and 0870 now 7.51 p/min

    Compared with 4p and 7p respectively for gradwell (don't know about
    vonage, site is still down).

    Thomas Rankin, Aug 3, 2005
  12. Sorry, 4 and 9p with gradwell, my bad.

    Thomas Rankin, Aug 3, 2005
  13. Thus spaketh Thomas Rankin:
    Your bad what?

    Sorry that is one of the most annoying phrases doing the rounds.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 5, 2005