Can't file, print share with 2 Router home network-Vonage problem

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, May 24, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Can anyone help me out? I have recently signed up with Vonage and ever since
    I cannot file or print share. The tech support guy at Vonage wanted me to
    put the linksys Broadband router as the primary and I also have a Netgear
    wireless router for my laptop as a secondary.

    So here's the setup:
    Dell is hardwired to Linksys Broadband router via ethernet port 1
    Comcast cable modem to Linksys intenet port
    Linksys ethernet port 2 to netgear wireless internet port

    The internet works fine on both computers, both computers can ping themself
    and the gateway but cannot ping each other by IP or computer name. It is
    definitely not a firewall or antivirus issue b/c I have uninstalled them
    without success.

    I'm pretty sure the problem is that each computer is connected to a
    different router but I was told to create a "switch" on the netgear router
    but I have no idea what to do to create that.

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    Guest, May 24, 2005

  2. Guest

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest