Can't figure this out

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by WCH, Nov 26, 2003.

  1. WCH

    WCH Guest

    I use an ATI All-In-Wonder card to record TV shows (as .mpg files). Then I
    use TMPGEnc to edit out the commercials and save THAT as an .mpg file. The
    files sit in a shared folder on a computer networked to a handful of others
    around my house.

    Every machine on the network plays ALL these files, edited and not edited,
    EXCEPT ONE. That computer, a Dell Celeron running Windows 2000, will play
    the NON-edited files but not the edited files. WHY? I can't figure this
    out. They're all .mpg files. I've tried three different video file players
    on the machine and EVERY ONE coughs up a general error message with no codes
    or other references.

    I don't even know where to start to diagnose this problem. I stripped off
    every media player except the 6.x that came bundled with Windows 2000 but
    got the same error message. Doesn't matter what player I add back, it won't
    play edited files.

    HELP!
    WC

    WCH, Nov 26, 2003