    tried to reinstall the driver also the software utilities of the wireless
    device, but it doesn't work either.

    Can somebody help me please! Thx

    Guest, May 15, 2007

  2. Hi
    There is No Ad-Hoc Infrastrucre Network.
    It is either Ad-HOC or Infrastructure. The typical Wireless connection is
    infrastructure. If you would like an Ad-Hoc connection between two computers
    both has to be configured to AD-Hoc independent form the regular Wireless
    Network.
    As for p2p, log to the p2p application's site and look for instructions
    concerning port opening through Windows Firewall.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 15, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi jack
    Im sorry , i meant i cant connect to a adhoc network not to an
    infrastructure, i already set my IP manually in the same subnet group so that
    my pc can be recognized by others but still i can't ping to the other
    computer in the adhoc network. Is it because windows blocked my connection to
    an adhoc network.

    For the P2P program , although i had turn of windows firewall i still cannot
    connect to the limewire network. Does an update in my windows block the
    connection to both P2P connection?

    Thx

    Guest, May 16, 2007
  4. Hi
    Windows does not block Ad-Hoc connection. If the Firewall is Off, p2p or
    other Internet related are Not blocked.
    Unfortunately in order`to further help you need to describe better your
    system, the Internet connection and how it is configured.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 16, 2007
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi
    I already fix the problem with the adhoc network, yesterday i fix it using
    the winsockxpfix patch, but is it normal if an adhoc connection is not stable
    because there is only 2 computer connected to it?

    For the limewire problem i still can't fix it, i use zone alarm firewall ,
    Wndows XP SP2 and i have an aztech DSL600EU modem router connected to a
    linksys wireless router wrt54g. My modem IP is 10.0.0.2 and my wireless
    router IP is 192.168.0.1.
    Thx

    Guest, May 16, 2007