Can't echo to router /dev/ttyS0 after reload/quit!

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by BOK, Jul 27, 2003.

  1. BOK

    BOK Guest

    I have this shell script, that runs:
    1. write erase
    2. reload
    3. answers "no" for the configuration dialog question
    4. enable
    5 some more commands..

    All the writings to the router are echo $1 > /dev/ttyS0.
    After step 3, the script commands no longer reach the router!
    I have to enter minicom, press Enter, and quit minicom (without "quit"
    command. only CTRL-A-q).
    It seems as if i enter minicom, type "quit" (and get the "press return
    to get started" print), and exit minicom without hitting enter, I
    encounter the same problem.
    btw, echo-ing "enters" doesn't do the job either.

    Does anyone have a clue?!

    i'm using a cisco 26xx with ios 12.2.

    BOK, Jul 27, 2003