    dummy.
    TIA for any help anyone can offer.
    Leo

    LEO THOMPSON, Nov 2, 2003

  2. LEO THOMPSON

    LEO THOMPSON Guest

    Please excuse the caps in the subject window.
    Leo

    LEO THOMPSON, Nov 2, 2003

  3. LEO THOMPSON

    Steve Guest

    Are you by chance opening OE in the wrong identity?
    Go to File, switch identity

    Steve, Nov 2, 2003
  4. LEO THOMPSON

    Michael-NC Guest

    Did you try to import them?

    Michael-NC, Nov 2, 2003
  5. LEO THOMPSON

    LEO THOMPSON Guest

    Hi, Michael, thank you very much for your suggestion. I tried import from
    everywhere in the Windows folders. Message was always that maybe some other
    program is running and using the files. Everything else was closed.
    I guess the mail is lost forever.
    Regards,
    Leo

    LEO THOMPSON, Nov 2, 2003
  6. LEO THOMPSON

    Michael-NC Guest

    Try it in safe mode.

    Michael-NC, Nov 3, 2003
  7. LEO THOMPSON

    Trent© Guest

    Import from what program? lol

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Nov 3, 2003
  8. LEO THOMPSON

    Trent© Guest

    No...its probably NOT lost forever.

    Make a directory called PROTECT...and copy all those .dbx files into
    that folder.

    Then reinstall OE.

    But before you do that...

    Steve had an excellent idea. Make sure yer usin' the same identity
    that you always did. You may have somehow switched to a new
    identity...that has nothing in it.

    Good luck...let us know.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent