Can't download emails suddenly

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jim Beaver, Oct 16, 2003.

  1. Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver Guest

    I moved this past weekend, and on starting up my computer (running XP with
    Outlook Express) I found that I couldn't download my email. I can send mail
    from OE, but can't send it from a webpage on the browser (IE). I contacted
    Yahoo.com, my ISP, and followed all their directions for setting POP and
    SMTP stuff in OE>Tools>Accounts. In the past, this sort of thing has
    cleared up any problems. Not this time. I still get error messages like
    the following everytime I try to download email:

    "The server responded with an error. Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server:
    'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response:
    '2271fdaa31fd36c62e8', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90,
    Error Number: 0x800CCC90

    The server responded with an error. Account: 'SBC Yahoo! Mail-jumblejim',
    Server: 'pop.prodigy.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: ' Propecia
    (1mg) from $1.83</FONT></A></STRONG> </P>', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
    Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

    The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's
    e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was ''.
    Subject 'Emailing: page_view_story.htm', Account: 'Jim Main', Server:
    'smtp.prodigy.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530
    authentication required - for help go to
    http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-11.html', Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
    No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

    The server responded with an error. Account: 'Jim Main', Server:
    'pop.prodigy.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response:
    'rnP+1U13bw/MAPlZ88j1qa5cxxFiOAvDH86hgeSeXfsz/eotoCjdmXfWC4K5yzf3+K5fxDpv',
    Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number:
    0x800CCC90"

    The error messages are always SLIGHTLY different, as you can see.

    Any ideas?

    Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Jim Beaver

    Boomer Guest

    Go to Tools> Accounts...> Mail> Properties> Servers
    Is "Logon using secure password authentication" checked?
    Uncheck it and see what happens.

    Boomer, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Jim Beaver

    Budweiser Guest

    Budweiser, Oct 16, 2003
  4. Jim Beaver

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Why do you want to download email suddenly? Can't you use the normal method?

    -Barry
    ========
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

    Barry OGrady, Oct 16, 2003
  5. It was on Thu, 16 Oct 2003 22:50:10 +1000, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Barry OGrady made this utterance:
    Maybe he likes to surprise himself!

    William Poaster, Oct 16, 2003