Can't download email suddenly

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jim Beaver, Oct 16, 2003.

  1. Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver Guest

    I moved this past weekend, and on starting up my computer (running XP with
    Outlook Express) I found that I couldn't download my email. I can send mail
    from OE, but can't send it from a webpage on the browser (IE). I contacted
    Yahoo.com, my ISP, and followed all their directions for setting POP and
    SMTP stuff in OE>Tools>Accounts. In the past, this sort of thing has
    cleared up any problems. Not this time. I still get error messages like
    the following everytime I try to download email:

    "The server responded with an error. Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server:
    'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response:
    '2271fdaa31fd36c62e8', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90,
    Error Number: 0x800CCC90

    The server responded with an error. Account: 'SBC Yahoo! Mail-jumblejim',
    Server: 'pop.prodigy.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: ' Propecia
    (1mg) from $1.83</FONT></A></STRONG> </P>', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
    Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

    The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's
    e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was ''.
    Subject 'Emailing: page_view_story.htm', Account: 'Jim Main', Server:
    'smtp.prodigy.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530
    authentication required - for help go to
    http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-11.html', Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
    No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

    The server responded with an error. Account: 'Jim Main', Server:
    'pop.prodigy.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response:
    'rnP+1U13bw/MAPlZ88j1qa5cxxFiOAvDH86hgeSeXfsz/eotoCjdmXfWC4K5yzf3+K5fxDpv',
    Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number:
    0x800CCC90"

    The error messages are always SLIGHTLY different, as you can see.

    Any ideas?

    Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Jim Beaver

    Boomer Guest

    Did you see the replies to your 1st post?

    No need to ask the same question twice in such a short period of
    time.

    Boomer, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver Guest

    The first time I sent the message, I got an error message saying it couldn't
    be sent. So I sent it by another means. Apparently later the first one
    went through anyway. Sorry to have troubled you with the double post. I'm
    sure you've got lots of better things to do with your five seconds.

    Jim

    Jim Beaver, Oct 16, 2003
  4. Jim Beaver

    Boomer Guest

    Yup. It only took me five seconds to reply to both of your messages.
    I did have better things to do. Didn't you? Like looking?

    Boomer, Oct 16, 2003
  5. Jim Beaver

    croft Guest

    x-no-archive: yes

    check / change the 'dialling from' number on connection properties

    croft, Oct 17, 2003
  6. Jim Beaver

    Boomer Guest

    Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
    in your reply?
    (Tools> Options> Send tab, tick the "Include message in Reply" box.)

    It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    others
    have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

    Further info:

    Thank You Very Much :)

    Boomer, Oct 17, 2003