Can't delete small firefox windows!

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by micky, Aug 20, 2011.

  1. micky

    micky Guest

    Every since FF 4,and all the way to FF6, trivial windows get saved, in
    the list of recently closed windows, and they can be closed but theu
    can't be completely deleted.

    At least I can't. Can you tell me how to do so?

    I'm referring to for example, enlarged pictures of things for sale on
    Amazon and Ebay, and message boxes that are actually windows.

    For normal windows, one can close all the tabs but one, then open a
    new tab without putting anything in it, delete the oold tab, and close
    the window (when it has only one tab with nothing in it), and the
    window will be gone completely.

    But nothing I can think of deletes these one-shot windows, and the
    list of them now extends from the top to the bottom of the screen and
    beyond, when I open alt/History/Recently Closed Windows.

    I think this may also interfere with closing FF and restarting with
    the windows I want. Or if FF crashes.

    I've upgraded every time I had the chance, hoping somone else would
    notice this and fix it, but so far, no help there.

    Help!

    micky, Aug 20, 2011