    help a newbie?

    Thanks for reading my post.
    -g-.

    Gene, Jul 15, 2008

  2. Hi
    It might be that your original XP loaded outdated drivers, that need to be
    upgraded.
    Log to Linksys' support site see what are the requirement for the card and
    its drivers, and make sure that they are in existence on your computer.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jul 16, 2008

  3. Gene

    smlunatick Guest

    Just "lived" this issue! Make sure that the XP has at least SP2
    installed and all major updates. You should also have the .NET updates
    installed. Then, installed the Linksys drivers before connecting the
    USB adapter. Once the Linksys drivers find the adapter, the Linksys
    connection manager software will be running. You can then select with
    management tool you can use (Linksys or Wireless Zero Configuration
    (WZC.))

    Reboots may be necessary!

    smlunatick, Jul 16, 2008
  4. Gene

    Gene Guest

    Jack,
    Thanks for the advice. Makes sense. I'll try updating the Drivers.
    -g-

    Gene, Jul 17, 2008
  5. Gene

    Gene Guest

    Thanks for responding. I glad to heard that there is a somewhat easy solution
    to my problem
    -g-

    Gene, Jul 17, 2008