Can't connect to wireless internet when plugged into a Local network

Discussion in 'Broadband Hardware' started by lostchild368, Jan 12, 2008.

  1. lostchild368

    lostchild368 Guest

    Was wondering if anyone can help me.

    I have 2 routers, one wireless (192.168.1.1) and one regular wired
    router (192.168.3.1).

    I use the wireless for internet while the wired one for local
    connections to other PC.

    When I have the wireless running with the wired one disconnected, I
    can access the internet no problem.

    The minute I connect the wired one, it will show both wireless and
    wired connected but I can't connect to the internet.

    I am using Vista Business 32bit

    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

    lostchild368, Jan 12, 2008

  2. lostchild368

    Barb Bowman Guest

    you should really post this in one of the regular networking groups.
    basically you should only have one router on your network, the one
    that is connected to your ISP's device. most people would connect
    the wired router to that device and then connect the wireless router
    to that but configure it as an access point. turn off DHCP and NAT
    and connect via the Lan port and not the Wan. For more help, post
    details of brand, models, in a regular networking newsgroup.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Jan 12, 2008