Can't Connect to the Web No matter What I Do.

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by feurio, Apr 4, 2010.

  1. feurio

    feurio Guest

    My wireless on my laptop shows a good connection to my access point
    (2Wire),
    but the browsers or anything else that I try to use to connect to the net,
    fails. Tried all kinds of tools to reset TCIP from Microsoft and 3d party
    tools. LSP-Fix doesn't show any problem. Tried winsock fix, reset the stack
    several times. Even deleted it manually and reinstalled. No change. I'm at
    the end of my rope. Please help. I'msending this from my destop

    WinXP SP3

    Serge

    BTW, Windows Diag bundled with IE shows this:

    Last diagnostic run time: 04/03/10 21:02:15 WinSock Diagnostic
    WinSock status

    info Error attmpting to validate the Winsock base providers: 2
    error Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock
    catalog. A reset is needed.
    info Redirecting user to support call

    Network Adapter Diagnostic
    Network location detection

    info Using home Internet connection
    Network adapter identification

    info Network connection: Name=Bluetooth Network Connection, Device=Bluetooth
    Device (Personal Area Network), MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=BLUETOOTH
    info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection, Device=Realtek
    RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN
    info Network connection: Name=Wireless Network Connection, Device=Intel(R)
    PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=WIRELESS
    info Network connection: Name=1394 Connection, Device=1394 Net Adapter,
    MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=1394
    info Both Ethernet and Wireless connections available, prompting user for
    selection
    action User input required: Select network connection
    info Wireless connection selected
    Network adapter status

    info Network connection status: Connected

    HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
    HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

    warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or
    address could not be resolved
    warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or
    address could not be resolved
    warn FTP (Passive): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server
    name or address could not be resolved
    warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The server name or
    address could not be resolved
    warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.passport.net: The server name or
    address could not be resolved
    warn FTP (Active): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server
    name or address could not be resolved
    error Could not make an HTTP connection.
    error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
    error Could not make an FTP connection.

    feurio, Apr 4, 2010

  2. feurio

    Lem Guest

    Are you sure you're actually authenticated to the router? What does
    ipconfig /all show?

    Lem, Apr 4, 2010

  3. Jack [MVP-Networking], Apr 5, 2010
  4. feurio

    farneville

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2010
    Messages:
    15
    Likes Received:
    0
    call your ISP

    farneville, Apr 6, 2010
  5. feurio

    chasuck

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    wireless connection probs

    I have exactly the same problem - did you find the fix?

    chasuck, Nov 14, 2010