    and it is connected, but neither Internet Explorer or Windows Medie Player
    can connect to the Internet. I would appreciate any suggestions as to what
    to do.

    Eurofeeds, Nov 25, 2008

  2. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 25, 2008

  3. Eurofeeds

    Eurofeeds Guest

    It had been working fine before he plugged an ethernet cable from his XBox
    into his PC and used that for the Internet. Now he's unplugged it the
    internet doesn't work despite the systray windows icon and belkin icon
    saying there is an excellent connection. Using Windows XP and a Belkin USB
    Wireless network adapter and a Draytek Vigo 2600Gi Router.

    Eurofeeds, Nov 25, 2008
  4. Eurofeeds

    Eurofeeds Guest

    Security is WPA-PSK

    Eurofeeds, Nov 25, 2008
  5. Eurofeeds

    James Egan Guest

    Right click my computer -> properties -> hardware -> device manager

    Right click the wired ethernet adator and select disable. Ensure the
    wireless adaptor is enabled.

    Jim.

    James Egan, Nov 25, 2008
  6. Eurofeeds

    Eurofeeds Guest

    Done but the problem persists.

    Eurofeeds, Nov 26, 2008
  7. Eurofeeds

    James Egan Guest

    Please post the ipconfig statistics and the routing table. Perhaps
    that might shed some light.

    To do this get to a command prompt and type

    ipconfig /all > c:\temp1.txt
    route print > c:\temp2.txt

    Then cut'n'paste the contents of temp1.txt and temp2.txt with notepad.

    Jim.

    James Egan, Nov 26, 2008
  8. Eurofeeds

    Eurofeeds Guest

    I discovered a network set up wizard in control panel - ran that and its
    fine now - thanks.

    Eurofeeds, Nov 26, 2008