    Shall I just wait for eternal-september to fix it their end please, or do I
    need to do something?

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Jan 23, 2013

  2. Geometro:
    Yet Another Evil Un-Saved POM With An Internet Account,
    That's Probably Nuked.

    Try: Evil POM Neville Chambermaid
    1939 Eternal September.

    †
    †
    †

    ﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣ
    Ras Mikaere Enoch Mc Carty
    Maangai Kaawanatanga - Tainui Kiingitanga - Te Aotearoa
    http://www.exorcist.org.nz Ko te Mana Motuhake
    http://www.exorcist.org.nz/anzus_drug_mafias.html
    http://www.exorcist.org.nz/iankahi_eriya_nation_john_frum.html
    http://www.exorcist.org.nz/bligh_set_adrift_with_leaks_1.html
    ﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣﺣ

    Taamau Mate: Ngati Parekawaa
    Ngati Tamainupo
    Ngati Ngutu
    Tainui Waka Confederation
    NgÄti Maniapoto
    NgÄi TÅ«hoe
    Marutūahu
    TÄmaki
    NgÄti Toarangatira
    Te Tau Ihu
    Hauraki
    NgÄti Raukawa

    Ras Mikaere Enoch Mc Carty, Jan 24, 2013

  3. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    It's them, and it's working now, as you've probably noticed.

    Geez, can you not sweat about a few hours of no usenet! :)

    Dave Doe, Jan 24, 2013
  4. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    I didn't, I used aioe.

    But when something goes wrong, I ask here and in nz.comp. You never know, I
    might have done something stupid.
    But this time it wasn't me!

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Jan 24, 2013
  5. Geopelia

    Rich80105 Guest

    That is effectively what Geopelia did, Greg, and I thank her for it.
    Knowing that someone else had experienced the same problem meant I
    didn't worry about not having been able to get messages through
    eternal-september.

    There are no silly questions - only silly answers.

    Rich80105, Jan 24, 2013
  6. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    It took a long time for them to get going again. I wonder what happened.

    Geopelia, Jan 24, 2013
  7. Geopelia

    Rich80105 Guest

    It has happened a few times before. Its possible it is maintenance on
    the other side ofthe world - I don't know where there servers are.

    There were predictions that Usenet would disapper, but it seems to be
    surviving, thank goodness.

    Rich80105, Jan 24, 2013

  8. Yes its called the Internet not 100% reliable at al, get to live with
    it.

    Frank Williams, Jan 24, 2013
  9. Geopelia

    David Empson Guest

    The eternal-september server is located in Germany, and this happened
    overnight there. Judging from the usage stats, it looks like it started
    about 7 PM local time and was fixed about 4:45 AM the next day. In New
    Zealand time, that was 7 AM to 4:45 PM.

    On this occasion (as described in eternal-september.support) it was an
    accidental side effect of some maintenance on another part of the
    system, which resulted in one method of connecting to the server not
    working. It appears that the problem was not noticed before the site
    administrator went home for the night, and he fixed it the next morning.

    To be precise: the software responsible for accepting NTTP connections
    on port 119 was rejecting every attempt to connect. It was fixed by
    restarting that software. Other connection methods were not affected, so
    it only affected some users. It appears that NNTP via port 119 was the
    most popular method, as the number of connections was signficantly lower
    than normal.

    David Empson, Jan 24, 2013
  10. Geopelia

    Rich80105 Guest

    I find eternal-september very good - mainly because it is free!

    Rich80105, Jan 25, 2013