    connection with static IP addres as I have a port forwarded on the router).
    It seems to me that when I change it to dynamic IP address the problem goes
    away. Could this it be?

    Guest, May 17, 2007

  2. Hi
    Make sure that your static IP is not in the range of the Router's DHCP.
    Or switch off the DHCP in the Router if you are not using it.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 17, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    What if i'm sharing the router with my son and he is using dynamic and me
    using static?, guess I can' disable it, correct?

    Guest, May 22, 2007
  4. Hi
    You can use static IP as long as it not within the dynamic range.
    E.g., if the Router is set to provide dynamic IP from 192.168.1.1 to
    192.168.1.50 you have to use a static IP that is above 192.168.1.50
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 23, 2007
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest