    to access a VPN (i think it is Cisco), I can log on to the network but I can't
    communicate with it. I have Covad DSL. I was wondering if anyone knew why i
    can't communicate with the VPN and what I can do about it thanks.

    JMITCH955, Nov 21, 2004

  2. JMITCH955

    PES Guest

    I would work with the network administrator who configured the vpn
    concentrator, firewall, or router. He or she should be able to give you
    some test procedures to determine if this is a vpn level issue or an
    issue with an application. If there is no connectivity, it must be
    determined how your vpn is configured. For example is it traditional
    esp or is is nat-t? What equipment and firewalls are involved? What
    does the arhitecture look like? Does this work for others? Are they
    using nat on their network and you're not (or potentially vice-versa)?

    PES, Nov 21, 2004