    tools, I tried uninstalling it but hasn't helped.

    Any ideas?

    Steve

    Rednose, Jun 24, 2003

  2. Rednose

    Shep© Guest

    Check the mother board maker's site for updated drivers.There may be a
    required IDE controller pack.
    Also if you can find the make of the mother board/chip set use your
    News group list and look for the appropriate group as there will be
    someone who most likely has a specific fix.
    On an older system I had to run a DMA patch for win98 to get full DMA
    which was obtained from the mother board maker's site or the mother
    board chip maker's site.

    :O)

    Shep©, Jun 24, 2003