    says page cannot be displayed
    this problem is happening a lot can you help thanks kirriejim

    winxp home

    james christie, Sep 29, 2006

  2. Try that again in English.

    You get to the website but you can't use the "View Page Source" option?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Sep 29, 2006

  3. james christie

    Daave Guest

    Here's my translation:

    "Although I can successfully open up a Web site's home page, clicking on
    links to other pages on that site yield the "This page cannot be
    displayed" message."

    Daave, Sep 29, 2006
  4. sorry about desciption but daave put it easier to understand hope you can
    help thanks kirriejim

    james christie, Sep 29, 2006
  5. If the problem is just for that one site, then I suggest you contact the
    sites admin, if it is a new build, maybe the author has screwed up his html.
    Are you using a hosts file on your system, if so, maybe the links are
    blocked by the hosts file.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Sep 29, 2006
  6. If s/he can get to the home page, it's not a hosts file problem.

    kirriejim, is this just one site, or all sites?

    What is the URL of the main site?

    Also, clear the browser's cache, and try again.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 29, 2006
  7. james christie

    Evan Platt Guest

    Unless, of course, say the home page is on geocities.com, but all the
    links are on spammysitelistedinmyhostsfile.com :-D

    Evan Platt, Sep 29, 2006
  8. That depends on where the links take you.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Sep 29, 2006
  9. Oh. That's a good point. <g>

    As usual, we need more information. Details ... details ...

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 29, 2006
  10. james christie

    Evan Platt Guest

    The general happening is when it's a BTor NTL (l)user, they post a
    vague question, 30 people reply asking for more info, and the original
    (l)user never replies.

    Evan Platt, Sep 29, 2006