Can't access secure websites when comptuer is left on...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Slacker, Jun 4, 2004.

  1. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    for longer than 24hrs, which I do all the time. So if I reboot,
    everything is fine, but leave it alone for 24 hrs+ and I'll get the
    following error:

    <<<begin>>>

    The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
    might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust
    your browser settings.

    Please try the following:

    Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

    If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is
    spelled correctly.

    To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click
    Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings
    should match those provided by your local area network (LAN)
    administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
    If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can
    examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
    If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
    click Detect Network Settings
    Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and
    then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security
    you have installed.
    If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security
    settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet
    Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check
    settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
    Click the Back button to try another link.

    Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer

    <<<end>>>

    Windows XP Pro, NOD32, OutPost Firewall and MyIE browser. I also have
    window washer set to auto-clean once every day. Could that be the problem?

    tia

    Slacker, Jun 4, 2004

  2. Slacker

    °Mike° Guest