can't access router control panel as access point

Discussion in 'Network Routers' started by skivi, Aug 26, 2006.

  1. skivi

    skivi Guest

    Hi,
    I have just setup my netgear WGR614v4 router as a wireless access point
    connected to my primary wired router.
    The problem I'm having is that as soon as I change the wireless
    router's LAN IP and turn off DHCP (the wired router is the DHCP server)
    i can't log into the control panel any more!
    example:
    LAN IP was: (default) 192.168.0.1
    changed to : 192.168.1.99 (wired router's DHCP range is 1.2-1.98)

    i would have expected to be able to log in to the wireless ap at
    192.168.1.99 after I had set that address as I may need to change
    settings such as ssid or the WPA passphrase etc...

    What actually happens is this:
    I type in 192.168.1.99 and the browser says 'Netgear Router Setup" for
    a second and is then redirected to netgear.com!
    This tells me that the message is getting to the router, but for some
    reason it thinks it's not supposed to be accessible!!

    Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks

    skivi, Aug 26, 2006

  2. skivi

    RBM Guest

    RBM, Aug 26, 2006

  3. skivi

    Ael

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Did you ever figure this out? I am trying to resolve what sounds like the same issue, but with an Encore router/ap. I can no longer access the control panel (at 192.168.0.1) of the device once the LAN IP has been set.
    Not at the old ip and not at the new ip.
    And therefore cannot continue to the next AP setup step (in the CP).

    CP AP IP o_O

    That link doesn't mention anything about how to access the CP after setting the IP. (though it has some other points I think will be useful)

    Ael, Nov 12, 2012
  4. skivi

    remixedcat

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2012
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    are you accessing wired or wireless connection?

    remixedcat, Nov 12, 2012