Can't access Netscape mail with Netscape email client anymore.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mark Adams, Mar 14, 2005.

  1. Mark Adams

    Mark Adams Guest

    When I upgraded 7.1 to 7.2 earlier this year I found I couldn't connect
    the e-mail client to my free Netscape mail account. I did some light
    Googling and determined that it was just a temporary problem, but here I
    am months later and still unable to access my Netscape mail with the
    Netscape e-mail client.

    This is the primary advantage to using Netscape. I've been doing well
    with Thunderbird+Firefox, but I'd like to get back to the convenience of
    Netscape's "Swiss Army" application. Is there anything I can do or is
    this feature simply history?

    Thanks.
    --
    Mark E. Adams, 2004 -- drop the "dot" to email me.
    http://adamslan.shyper.com

    CONSIDER: ===========---------,,,,,,,,,............. . . . . .
    C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre!
    [It is magnificent, but it is not war]
    -- Pierre Bosquet, witnessing the charge of the Light Brigade

    Mark Adams, Mar 14, 2005

  2. Mark Adams

    Jerry G. Guest

    Is there a setup in its properties, for a default email program?

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Jerry G., Mar 14, 2005

  3. Mark Adams

    neville Guest

    it would help if u werent an idiot.

    Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
    More than 120,000 groups
    Unlimited download

    neville, Mar 14, 2005
  4. Mark Adams

    neville Guest

    That was not me.Someone is pretending to be me.Again.

    neville, Mar 14, 2005
  5. Mark Adams

    samuel Guest

    try groups at netscape.public.mozilla.*

    samuel, Mar 14, 2005
  6. Mark Adams

    Gordon Guest

    samuel wrote:
    || ||
    ||| When I upgraded 7.1 to 7.2 earlier this year I found I
    ||| couldn't connect the e-mail client to my free Netscape mail
    ||| account. I did some light Googling and determined that it was
    ||| just a temporary problem, but here I am months later and still
    ||| unable to access my Netscape mail with the Netscape e-mail
    ||| client.
    ||| This is the primary advantage to using Netscape. I've been
    ||| doing well with Thunderbird+Firefox, but I'd like to get back
    ||| to the convenience of Netscape's "Swiss Army" application. Is
    ||| there anything I can do or is this feature simply history?
    ||| Thanks.
    || try groups at netscape.public.mozilla.*

    But if you do, remember the news server secnews.netscape.com needs to have a
    secure connection, otherwise you won't see most of the groups!

    Gordon, Mar 14, 2005
  7. Mark Adams

    Mark Adams Guest

    No, but is this part of the problem? My problem is getting through the
    "Free Webmail" wizard in the Netscape email client. I click on the
    option to configure the account (my account exists and I can access it
    via a web browser). I can get it to connect to their servers, then I
    fill in the information it asks for and then after a considerable wait I
    wind up at a window that says:

    Mailbox creation failed

    Webmail server error. We are not able to create a mailbox for your
    Screen Name at this time. However, we successfully registered your
    Screen Name. Please visit http://webmail.netscape.com to complete your
    mailbox creation.

    Not helpful. I point my browser to the url and sign in. I have my
    email account and it works just fine. Why won't Netscape Mail connect
    to this account?

    Thanks.

    --
    Mark E. Adams, 2004 -- drop the "dot" to email me.
    http://adamslan.shyper.com

    History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have
    exhausted all other alternatives.
    -- Abba Eban

    Mark Adams, Mar 14, 2005