    brother's yet the little network icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the
    screen keeps saying "acquiring network address" and never actually does. As
    such, Internet Explorer opens to a "page cannot be displayed" error.

    Spin, Jul 27, 2009

  2. Spin

    Bert Hyman Guest

    Does your brother's AP have the DHCP server running, or is he using
    static addressing?

    Bert Hyman, Jul 27, 2009

  3. Spin

    Evan Platt Guest

    Have you asked your brother how his WAP is configured? There's a bunch
    of different ways a AP can be configured, or a combination thereof:
    Password
    MAC Filtering
    Static IP
    DHCP

    You may need to assign yourself an IP address. Or, if your brother has
    MAC Filtering enabled, he may need to add your MAC address to the list
    of approved devices. And then, he may need to assign your MAC address
    a IP address. Or, you may need to assign yourself a static IP address.

    Evan Platt, Jul 27, 2009
  4. Spin

    Spin Guest

    I'll check..

    Spin, Jul 27, 2009
  5. Spin

    chuckcar Guest

    Remove your router and try again.

    chuckcar, Jul 27, 2009
  6. Spin

    Evan Platt Guest

    Please ignore chucktards 'advice'.

    Evan Platt, Jul 28, 2009
  7. Spin

    M.L. Guest

    Check the encryption type and see if a mac ID is needed, then set them
    as necessary to add your account. Let the brother delete any accounts
    if needed.

    M.L., Jul 28, 2009
  8. Spin

    Spin Guest

    Bert/Evan/Chuckar/mjsutton/M.L.-

    I figured out my issue. I was an idiot. I was inputting the router's
    password instead of the encryption key value into the field asking for that
    information!

    Spin, Jul 31, 2009
  9. Spin

    Evan Platt Guest

    Glad you got it figured out... And glad you didn't follow chucktards
    advice. As you realized, it was useless and incorrect.

    Evan Platt, Jul 31, 2009
  10. Spin

    Spin Guest

    :)