    File and printer sharing is enabled on all machines. How can I set up the
    computers so that I can access the My Documents folder on each machine from
    each machine?

    Kevin, May 1, 2006

  2. Kevin

    Malke Guest

    You didn't specify, but I'm going to guess that your computers are all
    running XP Home Edition. The behavior you are seeing is by design. XP
    Home does not permit sharing of users' home directories (My Documents)
    or Program Files, but you can share folders inside those directories. A
    better choice is to simply use the Shared Documents folder.

    Malke

    Malke, May 1, 2006

  3. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    Yes, sorry about leaving out the details of my operating system. It is
    Windows XP Home Edition. So, I guess I'll just have to set up the Shared
    Documents folders and get on with it. Thanks!

    Kevin, May 2, 2006