    I can open all of the subfolders in the backupfolder; Administrator, Other
    user, but not the defult user-folder. The error is: "Access denied". There
    where no passwords before the backup.

    Guest, Aug 16, 2006

  2. Guest

    tim Guest

    Runa,

    You may have to take ownership of your folders by booting to safe mode and
    logging in as administrator. I run in to this all of the time doing OS
    Reinstalls and when doing parallel installs to recover client data.
    The instructions are on Microsoft.com at this link
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421 (the search is "taking
    ownership)

    Hope this helps

    Tim

    I used the recovery console, took bakcup of my documents. After the
    recovery

    tim, Aug 23, 2006

  3. Guest

    Garth H Guest

    You also might need to take ownership if you ever applied access
    permissions to files if the machine was ever a standalone / work group
    member and then joined to a domain.

    Garth H, Aug 23, 2006