    no fix.

    Whenever I put in numbers on my browser it doesn't work...no matter what I'm
    trying to get to.....Help please

    Guest, May 13, 2006

  2. Guest

    Dave Guest

    you are talking about 3 different things here, a router, a wireless base
    station, and a computer. all 3 have to be usin g the same ip range for you
    to talk between them. for instance if your router assigns your computer
    192.168.0.2 and the router has 192.168.0.1 (both with default net mask of
    255.255.255.0) and you try to connect to a device that is supposed to have
    an ip of 192.168.1.1 the connection will fail and the router will try to
    route you outside your lan, which with that address range will fail, so the
    browser will go for its default search page. so if the wireless device is
    supposed to be on 192.168.1.1 waiting for configuration, then set the
    computer to 192.168.1.2 and try again... depending on how smart your router
    is it may or may not let you do that, you may also have to configure it to
    have a different 192.168.1.* address at least temporarily to let you talk to
    the wireless device.

    Dave, May 13, 2006

  3. Guest

    Pavel A. Guest

    Pavel A., May 15, 2006
  4. Also, on your computer open a command prompt and type: ipconfig /all ENTER.
    If the computer's IP address is not 192.168.1.x, manually set it to
    192.168.1.2. Then try http://192.168.1.1.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    Doug Sherman [MVP], May 15, 2006