    no luck. Has anyone had any success with any drivers not specifically
    made for this scanner? Any replies are appreciated.

    Thanks!

    teh.bolt, Jan 18, 2007

  2. I guess you are out of luck, unless you can identify which chip is driving
    the device and then look for other scanners that use the same chip and test
    your way forward with drivers for such equipment. Drivers simply has to be
    64bit.

    You can try a Virtual Machine, there are free downloads, then you can
    install you old version of XP Home on that one and have your scanner up -
    check the VM's they have overlapping functionality, if the scanner is USB
    not all will function, I believe.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 18, 2007

  3. teh.bolt

    John Barnes Guest

    My Canon printer, which never had an X-64 driver, has a perfect driver in
    Vista64. :) Good luck.

    John Barnes, Jan 18, 2007
  4. teh.bolt

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    It's on the list of supported scanners for VueScan, which works without
    requiring there be good Windows drivers installed.
    http://www.hamrick.com/

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Jan 18, 2007
  5. teh.bolt

    hj Guest

    I have CanoScan 4200F scanner doing nothing. After reading this message I
    downloaded CanoScan Toolbox Ver. 4.6.1.2 (Windows Vista64) with 4200F
    Scanner Driver Ver. 8.6.2.0 (Windows Vista64). Installed on Windows XP x-64
    and everything works fine. Thanks for giving me the idea.

    hj, Jan 21, 2007