    sensor in the digital rebel and maybe a Powershot G6. If such a thing
    arrived it would be tempting to own one for regular snaps when carrying
    around a 10D would be a pain. and retail it at 699.

    Mike Harrison, Jan 1, 2004

  2. Mike Harrison

    Mark B. Guest

    Canon isn't going to put a *smaller* sensor in a digital Rebel, so let's get
    that silly rumor out of the way right now.

    Mark

    Mark B., Jan 2, 2004

  3. Mike Harrison

    Hugo Drax Guest

    ???

    What I said is canon might unveil a Powershot type cam using the same
    10D/Digital Rebel CMOS Sensor.

    Hugo Drax, Jan 2, 2004
  4. With a 35mm lens mount? Powershot optics produce tiny lens projections, to
    match the tiny sensor size.

    George Preddy, Jan 2, 2004
  5. Mike Harrison

    Mark B. Guest

    I read it wrong then:
    It sounded like you were saying Canon might put out a d-Reb with the Sony
    828 sensor. But it won't happen the other way around either - the Digital
    Rebel sensor is too big for a compact digicam.

    Mark

    Mark B., Jan 2, 2004
  6. Mike Harrison

    zbzbzb Guest

    What I said is canon might unveil a Powershot type cam using the same
    ??

    Tiny 35mm point and shoot cameras project their images on to 35mm frames so why
    couldn't a Powershot cam do it to a sensor still smaller than a 35mm frame?

    zbzbzb, Jan 2, 2004
  7. Mike Harrison

    zbzbzb Guest

    - the Digital
    Why?

    zbzbzb, Jan 2, 2004
  8. Because it would need to be Rebel size to fit the sensor and optics. You
    can make the optics a little smaller by narrowing the lens projection to the
    ~25mm format of the cropping DSLRs, but this is already being done with
    slightly smaller D(only)SLR lenses.

    George Preddy, Jan 2, 2004