    but I don't know what they mean.

    Anyone know how to do this? I'm using a G2 but I think quite a few recent
    Canon digitals have a similar menu item.

    Catherine Jo Morgan, Nov 4, 2003

  2. Catherine Jo Morgan

    Bob Hatch Guest

    With the camera aimed at a white card or gray card and with the card filling
    most of the view finder or LCD screen, press the top button to the left of
    the LCD screen with the *by it. That will set the white balance.

    Bob Hatch, Nov 4, 2003

  3. Thanks! Now that you've pointed it out, I can see the resemblance
    between )( and * .

    Catherine Jo Morgan, Nov 5, 2003