    Sander Vesik Guest

    Why care about stuff that doesn't even manage to take aps sized film
    never mind 35mm in rpe35mm?

    Sander Vesik, Aug 22, 2004

  2. nikonpro

    Mark M Guest

    Use of an apostrophe wouldn't apply to an abbreviation anyway unless you're
    showing posession...
    It ain't not gonna's work's them's way's like's he's done's it.

    Mark M, Aug 22, 2004

  3. nikonpro

    Mark M Guest

    Tony was just in a bad mood.
    :)

    Mark M, Aug 22, 2004
  4. nikonpro

    Nick C Guest

    A review of the Oxford, College Webster, WorldWeb, and Encarta dictionaries
    does not list the word "Pros." However, the New Unabridged Twentieth Century
    Second Edition (a massive tome) lists the word Pros as plural to the noun
    Pro and provides the meaning of Pros to be:

    1- A person who favors the affirmative side of some debatable question.
    2- A argument in favor of something, as in pros and cons of the matter.
    3- A vote for the affirmative.

    However, as a notation, Pros may be considered Colloquial; belonging to
    words, phrases, and idioms characteristic of conversation and informal
    writing.

    Nick C, Aug 22, 2004
  5. nikonpro

    Nick C Guest

    Maybe so, but he didn't consult a dictionary he shot off his mouth.

    Nick C, Aug 22, 2004
  6. nikonpro

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    One should point out punctuation to people who think that owning a 4x5
    camera makes them a pro (or should that be "makes them prose"?).
    I'm never in a bad mood when that moron John Douglas shows up - It's fun
    to have an airbag or two to puncture.
    Can't say the same about Browne though - some airbags just emanate
    noxious gas, and he is one of that group.
    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Aug 22, 2004
  7. I think that he's saying that the, " ' " = "fessional", so instead of
    saying, "professionals" he says, "pro's".

    William Graham, Aug 22, 2004
  8. Mark M wrote:
    []
    He Killfiled me under similar circumstances.....my proudest moment!

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Aug 22, 2004
  9. nikonpro

    Mark M Guest

    I don't think that works either...but when push comes to shove...it doesn't
    really matter on use-net...
    :)

    Mark M, Aug 22, 2004
  10. nikonpro

    Mark M Guest

    OK... So you didn't go for the little keyboard gizmo...
    How about this:
    I've got this great punching bag in my garage.
    The best thing about it is that it's not just a bag...it looks like a person
    from teh waist--up.
    So... You can beat the crap out of anyone you imagine him to be!
    Best of all, he looks like a real thug in need of a nice beating.
    Does wonders for when irritating people get out of hand...

    Mark M, Aug 22, 2004
  11. Yeah.....If I can decipher the message at all, I usually don't bother to
    attempt to correct it......After all, I'm lucky that English is my native
    language. I thank God that I don't have to do this in some other
    language.....

    William Graham, Aug 22, 2004
  12. nikonpro

    Mark M Guest

    I am convinced that English is one of the world's worst languages when it
    comes to correct use and spelling, etc.
    So many broken "rules" of spelling, conjugation, and grammar, as well as so
    many identical words with different meanings--and even pronunciations.
    -Truly a mess of a language.
    I suppose this comes from the fact that English has such a mixture of
    influence from so many other languages.
    Look up the word "run" in the dictionary for a mind-bogglingly long list of
    definitions.
    I pity the person who has to learn English as an adult (kids pick up any
    language like they do ice cream).

    Mark M, Aug 22, 2004
  13. Yes, and it's changing all the time. There must be several new words being
    hatched up every day....Probably also a result of the foreign influence. And
    people are also turning the verbs into nouns and visa-versa all the time.
    And the teen-age slang that is always coming up the pipe....I'm sure glad
    that I don't have to publish a dictionary....

    William Graham, Aug 22, 2004
  14. nikonpro

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Aug 23, 2004
  15. nikonpro

    Mark M Guest

    You could always just write "Nikon" accross his chin...

    Mark M, Aug 23, 2004
  16. nikonpro

    brian Guest

    The Horseman Digiflex is a full-frame DSLR solution for the Nikon
    F-mount, and it preceded the Canon 1Ds and Nikon 14n by several years.

    Brian
    www.caldwellphotographic.com

    brian, Aug 23, 2004
  17. nikonpro

    John Guest

    From this we can see that Spadaro knows a little more about
    English than about photography.

    Regards,

    John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.darkroompro.com
    Please remove the "_" when replying via email

    John, Aug 23, 2004
  18. nikonpro

    John Guest

    Yeah that was a little too complex for Spew-daro.

    So what do you think of Peroutka or do you ?

    John, Aug 23, 2004
  19. nikonpro

    Frank ess Guest

    Here. this might make it easier all around. A pro's prose.

    http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/

    Frank ess, Aug 23, 2004
  20. nikonpro

    Mark M Guest

    So...now that we've descended into typing issues (yipe!)...
    All of you guys razzing Tony are DEAD WRONG.

    It is NEVER appropriate to use an apostrophe to indicate a plural.
    NEVER EVER.

    So there.
    :)
    (smile)