    John what are you a PRO at? ignorance?

    in message
    when replying via email

    YoYo, Aug 20, 2004

  2. nikonpro

    Skip M Guest

    I must be doing pretty good, too!

    Skip M, Aug 20, 2004

  3. nikonpro

    Skip M Guest

    Well, with the impending introduction of the (now announced) Canon 20D, your
    Canon customers were probably holding off on their purchase. I did, 'though
    I'm not one of your customers...

    Skip M, Aug 20, 2004
  4. nikonpro

    John Guest

    Your name is perfect I see !

    Regards,

    John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.darkroompro.com
    Please remove the "_" when replying via email

    John, Aug 20, 2004
  5. nikonpro

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Aug 20, 2004
  6. nikonpro

    Dave Guest

    'course now Spaz Spadaro is gonna hafta *plonk* you, 'cause that's the
    kind of jerk he is: http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame34.html

    Dave

    P.S. Have you tried the D70 yet? Buddy of mine just got one and it's
    *almost* enough to drag me back into using an slr-based system.

    Dave, Aug 20, 2004
  7. nikonpro

    nikonpro Guest

    Unfortunately Tooooony nor can "common sense" - stick to your day job
    as a comedian please.

    nikonpro, Aug 20, 2004
  8. nikonpro

    nikonpro Guest

    Wow.. one review!

    Here is a challenge. Find *ONE* review on the net that finds in favor
    of the 300D over the D70.

    I rest my case your honour.

    nikonpro, Aug 20, 2004
  9. nikonpro

    Mark M Guest

    No. I'm not sure, but that possibility is exactly what I meant to imply.
    :)

    Mark M, Aug 20, 2004
  10. I don't understand this at all.....AF is done with a simple
    screwdriver/screw slot connection between camera and mount.....It takes up
    almost no mount space at all.....And there are 6 or 8 electrical connections
    between camera and mount, so driving motors in the lens is equally
    easy.....I don't see any problems with Nikon's F lens mount. There is still
    oodles of empty space that could be used for more future junk. (and I'm sure
    the designers are coocking up that junk even now, as we speak)

    William Graham, Aug 20, 2004
  11. nikonpro

    Colin D Guest

    Why do you persist in comparing the D70 with a 300D? Be a man and
    compare the D70 with a 10D - or now, a 20D - Or do you have to use the
    300D as a comparison because you know it is a cheaper camera and lesser
    spec'd than your Nikon?

    So far, your postulations have been bullshit.

    Colin D.

    Colin D, Aug 21, 2004
  12. harvey wrote:

    it is all about price points and the price of the D70 and Rebel/300D are
    closer.
    The 10D and 20D were/are competitors of the D100 (which is still
    available at retail stores) You compare apples to apples and oranges to
    oranges. At this point in time, at comparable price points, the D70 is
    better all-round than the Rebel/300D and the now 20D is much better than
    the D100.

    harvey steeves, Aug 21, 2004
  13. nikonpro

    YoYo Guest

    Thank you glad you like it. However I
    don't need to advertise here, like you
    do :+(

    in message
    when replying via email

    YoYo, Aug 21, 2004
  14. nikonpro

    nikonpro Guest

    Errmmm I think it was you who started the comparison *not* me.

    Let the people be the judge.

    I rest my case your honour.

    nikonpro, Aug 21, 2004
  15. nikonpro

    Mark M Guest

    Tell that to Sports Illustrated, all newspapers, and National Geographic...

    Mark M, Aug 21, 2004
  16. nikonpro

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Aug 22, 2004
  17. nikonpro

    Colin D Guest

    Err, they should, though, it's an abbreviation not ending in the last
    letter of the full word.

    Colin D.

    Colin D, Aug 22, 2004
  18. nikonpro

    Alan Browne Guest

    .... and on usenet, obsession with punctuation and grammar is
    usually the sign of somebody with little else valuable to say.

    Alan Browne, Aug 22, 2004
  19. Yeah, it's only our language. If you're going to express moronic ideas
    you might as well use poor spelling and grammar.

    Randall Ainsworth, Aug 22, 2004
  20. nikonpro

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Aug 22, 2004