Canon...the A80 is very good, the A95 even better, but...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bob Hayden, Aug 30, 2004.

  1. Bob Hayden

    Bob Hayden Guest

    I thought Canon would go a few steps further in the A95.
    I am SOOO close to wanting to replace my old Oly D-490, but I still want to
    wait...

    The 4 MP to 5 MP upgrade is nice...should never have a problem with 8x10s
    even with some cropping
    The bigger LCD screen is helpful, especially with the swivel
    Kept the AA batteries...very good

    The 2 shortcomings IMO...
    1. A hotshoe for an external flash would be so nice.
    2. The lens...a relatively compact wider-angle bigger zoom would make this
    camera near-perfect. A (equiv) 24-135 with a good low light would be the
    answer.

    That said, the A95 is still a pretty nice camera, and it may find its way
    into my possession before Christmas.

    Bob

    Bob Hayden, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Bob Hayden

    Leonard Guest

    So buy a G5 already.

    (Does there exist a compact with 24mm equivalent?)

    - Len

    Leonard, Aug 31, 2004