    Can any one help.

    Small 3 position switch next to power on switch, what is it used for..?

    Thanks

    Mathew Good, Mar 3, 2007

  2. Mathew Good

    Fred Guest

    It is the Print Density Selector.

    Quoting from the manual: "Your typewriter has a function that prints
    samples of text at each of the print density settings. This allows selection
    of density that best suits your needs.

    1 Insert sheet of paper.

    2 Press and hold CODE and SHIFT, then press C. Typewriter prints test
    pattern as below

    1 TStar 2TStar 3TStar
    1 2 3

    The second line shows to what extent printouts are erased at each setting
    when making corrections.

    3 Choose density setting 1 - 3 that corresponds to the desired print
    density" End of quoted material.

    Hope you can make sense of that.

    Fred, Mar 3, 2007

  3. Mathew Good

    Mathew Good Guest

    Thanks, I had a thought that might be the case, will give it a try..

    Mathew Good, Mar 3, 2007
  4. Mathew Good

    Mathew Good Guest

    Yes found this thing in a Second Hand shop, great for my Wife to practice typing, managed to get
    some IR-100 Ribbons, but need a PSU for it, using a 6v battery at the moment.

    Its seems that its MODE/SHIFT C..

    So thanks again..

    Mathew Good, Mar 3, 2007
  5. Mathew Good

    Mathew Good Guest

    It prints 20 cps. 1 ABCD 2 ABCD 3 ABCD
    1 ABCD 2 ABCD 3 ABCD this line is light..
    40 cps 1 ABCD 2 ABCD 3 ABCD

    That is what I get with MODE/SHIFT C..

    Mathew Good, Mar 3, 2007
  6. Mathew Good

    Fred Guest

    Yes - they're good little typewriters, especially with the convenience of
    batteries, which was a bit rare when these came out. I hung on to mine from
    years ago before having laptops to cart around, and still use it
    occasionally when needing to complete preprinted forms. I have the complete
    manual so if you get stuck just post here and I'll help if possible, but
    play with it for a while and I'm sure you'll sort everything out.

    Fred, Mar 3, 2007
  7. Mathew Good

    omersidd

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2019
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello Sir,

    I just need to ask few things:

    * How many A-4 Size pages can one cartridge of this printer print ??
    * is there any way to refill this cartridge without buying a new one??
    * I have found online that its cartridge is very expensive about 30-40 Uk Pounds.. is there any way to buy these cartridge at low cost ??

    plz help .

    omersidd, Jan 30, 2019